The project works along 4 main fields of activities
Output 1: Participatory watershed planning, coordination and monitoring
Output 2: Restoration & sustainable management of upper watersheds
Output 3: Security and improvement of livelihood
Output 4: Capacity building for community-based watershed management
- Free Prior Informed Consent (FPIC)
- Establishment of community-based Organisations (CBOs)/ Water Resource Conservation Groups (WRCG) in each village
- Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA)
- Participatory Land-Use Planning (PLUP)
- Development of forest and watershed management plans
- Implementation of various forest models on degraded forest areas and riparian buffer zones, close-to-nature stream management and torrent control, sustainable timber utilization, development and implementation of 5-year forest management plans etc.
- Strengthening/establishment Self Help Groups, village micro plan development, supporting NTFP and farm income generation, small scale community infrastructure development.
- Comprehensive capacity development measures for village communities, local partnering NGOs and counterpart staff across all project activities based on identified needs
- Participatory monitoring